Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sew Fun!

When I first started sewing a couple of years ago, everything was for the kids. I was just fooling around having fun, making little dolls, skirts for Emma, fixing ripped clothes or toys. But after starting Purdy Burdy I was on a mission. To make anything and everything I wanted for the shop.

The other day Emma and I went to a store that sells local crafters items. She saw so much stuff she wanted, and in the back of my head I kept saying, I can make that, I can make that. Some items were down right expensive! When we got home I decided to make her a stuffed toy, created by her. She thought of what she wanted, drew it up for me, picked the fabrics and notions, and I did all the sewing. No books, no patterns, no rules. Emma loves it. Me? Well I can pick out every flaw, eyes too far apart, one ear bigger than the other. But she doesn't see any flaws, and that's all that matters.






2 comments:

  1. really cute Michelle. I am just starting to figure sewing out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim-I was so intimidated by a sewing machine for so long. One I started I realized it was so easy!

    ReplyDelete